Wednesday, March 18, 2009

UPDATE NATHAN & DAKOTA CAMPING ADVENTURE!

UPDATE!

I mentioned in the last post that the boys were going on a 2 day camping adventure, but came back less than 24 hours later, with no sleep of course, (who CAN sleep when they go camping) I heard all about their adventure, they had to come home to sleep! First, they got there later than expected, I was texting them to see how they were doing and they were to tired to start a fire HA! (it's the growing 6 inches at a time, that requires teenagers to sleep A LOT! Anyway, as I thought, I saved these boys from starving to death, by sending Shasta's homemade cookies! They told me that's all they ate, see mom's do know best! Now, I know this isn't the healthiest, but it saved them from eating bark! Anyway, because there were so many thorns where they picked to camp, they had to "climb up this mountain" and of course jump across this big rock, with all their camping gear (way dangerous!), this must have made them so tired, they only had enough energy to set up camp.They were to tired to make the fire, to cook their hot dogs! (was to much work to find the wood!) Sounds like one of them guys fishing story, doesn't it! So, anyway, they had parked the White Durango, and while they were at their camp someone decided they would throw a bunch of huge mud balls, all over it! Well, when they discovered this, they were going to prepare for "Battle", until Dakota's parents said it was best to come home, well that saved the "Battle" from happening, because they wanted to find out who did this! On, the way home Nathan fell asleep, and Dakota was dozing so he did the right thing and pulled over to take a snooze, 10 minutes into it a Sheriff decided they shouldn't be sleeping, to go home, (He wasn't very polite apparently, it is too bad, they weren't doing anything illegal, we need adults to praise our kids when they do the right thing! We have traveled a lot and have had to make the same decisions before. Falling asleep at the wheel and seriously injuring, or worse, themselves or someone else, would have obviously been the wrong thing! Wonder what that Sheriff would have said if it were HIS boys? It was like he couldn't catch them doing anything wrong so apparently being rude was the answer?? The other Big Adventure to their story, was they were by a creek or river ( it has been 60's and 70's today, but only for 2 days, so creeks and rivers ARE NOT WARM!) but because it seemed like a cool thing (Definitely A GUY IDEA!) they walked on the log and then, jumped in and swam to the shore? What?!! Does this sound like a fun thing to you? I would have explored the flowers or tried to skip rocks,read a book by the creek, or ANYTHING other than try to experience FREEZING COLD WATER! I better re-read "Wild at Heart!" They really enjoyed telling me this story, like that was the best part of their ADVENTURE! I love listening to their stories, they really are fascinating! So, they came home and slept their less than 24 hour "ADVENTURE OFF!"

I did ask them if they were upset with me for sharing on this blog, their secret about why they ended up in the dance class, and they replied: "No, they are pretty sure, "the girls" already know this! They are so funny! The last thing they told me was, they want me to put "THEIR PHONE NUMBERS ON THE BLOG! I WON'T BE DOING THAT! They are hilarious, they thought it would get some GIRLS calling them!!!!
I love their stories, am not sure, if I get all of the stories and probably more of some stories! This concludes the ADVENTURE of the BIG CAMPING TRIP!
I am blessed and love them both!

I AM PROUD OF YOU, BELIEVE IN YOU, AND I LOVE YOU, MOM

2 comments:

jules said...

boys............

herbssolutionsbynature said...

Natural Remedies for Myasthenia Gravis have anti-inflammatory properties that can help treat the immune system's underlying pathology and myasthenia gravis. It is recommended to take ginger as one of the helpful Herbal Remedies for Myasthenia Gravis. A healthy diet may be a good Natural Treatment for Myasthenia Gravis options to get rid of it.