Sunday, March 15, 2009

NATHAN & DAKOTA, YOU ARE AMAZING!



What started out as a joke,( I will get to that later!) turned into an amazing event! This is Nathan (on right, in both pictures) and Dakota( son #2 on left) with "The Girls!",at Iowa State, yesterday. Nathan and Dakota posed for me outside of the theater that they performed their hip-hop, "Watch My Feet" dance competition! If I only knew how to get the video on here! These two are inseparable, they have 2 mom's which they call Mom, me and Dakota's mom (she is a riot!). They have a lot in common, "Girls, girls, girls" and yes, "Fast Cars", and Fighting, (fast things, four wheelers, motorcycle's, paint ball, and fighting; boxing,wrestling, kickboxing or whatever you call that kind of fighting where you can use all of them mixed?!) They for sure fit, the "Battle to Fight" and a "Beauty to Rescue" and the Adventure! They are definitely "WILD AT HEART"(get the book and read it, you can learn to enjoy your boys nature!!) He just asked me yesterday if I would buy him some swords, real ones, not! Some how that is the extent of their vocabulary and thoughts at age "16"! Dakota's parents own 4 wheelers and motorcycles, they own land and let the boys go riding, but they do not go without helmets! They are really good kids and are a lot of fun!! They both like to see how many of their stories I will fall for! I am catching on, I only believe half of what they tell me and laugh at the rest, but they get me a lot! Nathan loves to tell me stories just to see if I will believe him, he really is good at it! I knew he would be a Jokester, from the day he was born! I went into labor April 1st (April fools day) then my labor stopped miraculously, HA! He was then born on the 2nd,.. He got me there! So, he will be 16 in a couple of weeks, and gets his license, EEK! another 16 year old on the road, HA! Dakota has his license and drives a Mustang (the need for speed, fast stuff, and the girls like it)! They both are very lovable kids with tender hearts and I am very proud of them both, Nathan is getting all "A's and "B's"; Dakota is getting there! He does very well in school and they are loved by all their teachers. He is growing up fast, and I will not miss any more of the things he gets involved with, I was foolish and missed a lot, I said I was living my priorities, it can be easy to deceive yourself, if you listen to what others tell you "should do!" My God, My Family, then the rest! He wants to graduate early, and go onto to be an Architect, so does Dakota! I know whatever they choose, they will be great at! I wasn't kidding when I said Nathan is growing up fast, he grew 6 inches in 10 months, and gained 30 lbs.(had to be bone weight!) and the chiropractor said he will be well over 6 feet when he is done growing, according to his growth plates! He gets his height from his mom and dad, Ha, for those of you who know us, I know are cracking up, he is already taller than both us both put together,.. just kidding! He loves to experience different things. So, back to what started as a joke,(this is hilarious, what they will do to satisfy their huge interest in girls!) Well, they started going to the dance studio where naturally all the girls hangout. You have to admit this is a pretty ingenious idea! Nathan was friends with and went to homecoming with, one of the girls that was taking dance lessons, so Him and Dakota decided they would go watch these girls dance, EVERY WEEK, persistent little guys! Because they went TWICE A WEEK! (I don't remember him being this excited about football and wrestling practice, EVER!) so, they started picking up on the dance moves and joking around, but the dance instructor, thought they were doing so well she asked them to be a part of the dance!! They are always up for the challenge, and the kind boys that they are, didn't want to let the instructor down! What a perfect ending, but that wasn't the end, because this dance studio, goes to competitions, I don't think they had a clue! But of course, the boys weren't thinking farther than "The Girls" and when it came to the first performance, which was not a competition, but was IN FRONT OF THEIR HIGH SCHOOL PEERS!, (and couldn't back out!) the reality set in and they were sick for 3 days before this,(Dakota especially, neither fully lost sight of the goal!) but it was hilarious, some how their brains shifted from "The Girls" to "OH MY GOSH, WHAT DID WE GET OURSELVES INTO!" Now you can tell from the picture it is Hip-Hop dance, it's not like they were wearing tights and doing ballet, but some how that is what it felt like for them to go in front of their peers!! I am still laughing at this! I am not sure they will think twice the next adventure they attempt to get around girls, this lesson may have to be repeated again, and again, and again! As, it turned out they did a phenomenal job, and just attended their first amazing competition yesterday, it was a long day (11 am to 10pm) for them and they performed in a theater, in front of probably 1000 people, and judges from Walt Disney, New York, and I don't know where else, they got second,( I am Proud of them!) in the Hip-Hop and did their best, but never really cared about that! They are so focused on girls they don't even realize the value of what they are going through. They had zero fear of getting up in front of ALL THOSE PEOPLE and the JUDGES, they only cared that they got to hang out with all THOSE GIRLS the whole time! If and when they grow out of this stage, WOW, what will they accomplish with that kind of FOCUS, they will be AMAZING! This competition was a lot bigger of a deal, than I thought! I was just going as a supportive and excited mom! They had some amazing dancers that are really serious about, dance, Grandma Morgan, Sierra, her friend, Brittney and I all went and we loved it! They gave away some incredible awards, one guy, was extremely talented and won dance lessons in New York, this summer! So, whatever your goal, YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH IT! Now I know this may give other boy's some idea's, but just remember, what you might get yourself into to!!! So, mom's.. your boys will have to read this at their own risk! The dancing never was important but I think they are having a great time and even liking it, or at least the girls! Since they like "all kinds" of music, I thought I would put a video on here. This video was fitting, they go through these stages, he used to love to jump ramps with his skate board and bike, and now on motorcycles and 4 wheelers, but as all boys do, they grow up and graduate to driving! I pray a lot! I thought this was fitting!



They both watched the General Lee clip and said they were going to do this in the Mustang, now this is when I BEGIN TO PRAY! This is when you are not sure if they are telling stories, I know Dakota wouldn't do anything in his Mustang like that, would he? They are on a camping journey, (have already called to find out directions?! thought they would have this known already, it's a guy thing, you know the "ADVENTURE, and the DIRECTIONS! Oh guess that isn't that important?)!! again, I WILL BE PRAYING! My only instructions were leave the place cleaner than you left it, don't hurt yourselves or anyone else! OH AND NO GIRLS! Make your mom's proud, "okay mom we love you!" Now, I know Dakota's mom gave them a similar talk, but we are not to worry because, even though I haven't had the honor of meeting Dakota's grandparents, that live right next door, I am sure they will be on their best behavior because Grandpa puts the fear of God in them! They both respect him greatly! There's one thing I know for sure, they want to follow what Grandpa tells them, right boys! He definitely is a leverage point for Dakota's mom!!! I really enjoyed having dinner together with Dakota's mom, and the rest of us that went to the competition! She was telling me stories about them that was cracking me up! So, I have a request; all mom's tonight please make sure all your girls are home and join me in a prayer vigil, ha, no, NOT KIDDING!! They are very respectful around girls, and even quiet, I think they are intently studying them! That is one degree, they will be sure to get! I talk to them a lot about the "respect" and "honoring women"! I helped them with a few supplies, and homemade cookies, (that Shasta made, Dakota just loves them)! I asked them if they wanted some napkins they replied: "No, we will be in the wilderness, huh?! another guy thing! The rest I have to leave in GOD'S HANDS! Thank God he answers prayers! It is fun being a mom of boys, but also scary sometimes! We can't protect them from the world, just encourage and love them to doing the right thing, and rely on Grandpa when needed! BECAUSE BOY'S WILL BE BOY'S!!!!
Have Fun, Don't forget to say your prayers!!
LIVE YOUR LIFE FROM THE HEART!
I AM PROUD OF YOU, BELIEVE IN YOU, AND I LOVE YOU, MOM

No comments: